On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight........... A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Camping at Valley Pines - 1960's


Valley Pines has been in continuous use for over 50 years as a camping area owned and administered by the Weymouth Heights Club. Troop 2 has used this location for weekend campouts, Eagle scout presentations, and Family Day. Our scouts have learned wilderness survival skills, knife and axe handling, cooking on an open fire, hiking, and numerous other outdoor practices while camping there.

Here are a bunch of pictures of our scouts in the 1960's enjoying the property.