On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight........... A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Troop 2 notes the passing of James Kelley Sr.

Troop 2 sadly informs all of the passing of Mr. James Kelley Sr. Mr. Kelley was an adult member of our troop in the 1970s and 1980s with his sons Jim, Tom and Jack and Doherty nephews Jay, Joe and Ed. His son Jim went on to serve as Scoutmaster, and Jack as our Eagle coordinator, and their sons Patrick and Luke joined Troop 2, Patrick achieving the rank of Eagle scout. Mr. Kelley's wake will be held from 2 to 6 on Sunday at the Keohane Funeral Home on Sea St in North Weymouth. Scouts and families are encouraged to attend, scouts in uniform. David and I plan to arrive at 4 PM to pay our respects, and any scouts who would like to join us should arrive at that time.