1. Reminder – Monday April 30’s meeting is a Gym Night, 8 PM at the First Church, Weymouth Heights. There is no drum practice. We will also have our monthly Troop Committee Meeting in the kitchen.
2. Troop 2 is planning an overnight visit and stay at Fort Ticonderoga in upstate NY on June 2 and 3rd. In this scout program, scouts will be immersed in the daily routine of the Continental soldiers garrisoning Fort Ticonderoga in the weeks after the capture of Fort Ticonderoga by Ethan Allen and Benedict Arnold in 1775. Attendance is limited to 30, cost will be $150.00 and includes transportation and food. We need a confirmation for headcount at our meeting (Gym Night) on Monday evening, 4/30
3. We will be attending MassJam in October 6-8 2018 - On Columbus Day weekend, 2018 thousands of Scouts, Webelos, and Venturers from Massachusetts and surrounding states will descend on the Cape Cod Fairgrounds in East Falmouth, Massachusetts for three days of Scouting fun.
4. Eagles - Mayflower Council has issued a new form for Eagle Scout Candidate Letters of Recommendation - https://www.mayflowerbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/Eagle-Scout-Reference-Letter-Request.pdf
The process remains the same - candidates should print this form, and provide their references with the preaddressed envelope (all letters must be mailed to the Clubhouse) and a postage stamp.
A Life scout can request these references at any time during their Eagle scout candidacy, which begins 6 months after they've received their LIFE rank.
If you have any questions, please let us know!
5. Reminder – Attendance at Boy Scout events is restricted to registered Boy Scouts, ages 11-18, and registered Adults. Unless otherwise noted, siblings, adults, and guests are not anticipated at events, and are not covered by BSA liability insurance in most cases. Please speak to Mr. Chase if you have any questions or concerns.