On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight........... A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Troop 2 completes the Disability Awareness badge

This evening we finished the Disability Awareness merit badge at the clubhouse. October is Disability Awareness month (today, Oct 16, is White Cane Awareness day for example) - Over the course of several weeks scouts learned about assistive technology, accommodations, person first language, white cane etiquette, how to count to 10 in American Sign Language, how to “help other people at all times” and each gained a new understanding of the challenges faced by others. In total 21 scouts completed this badge. Be sure to ask your son what he learned.